Volunteer in a Foreign Country
Lend your time, skills, and compassion to help the poor children and families of Guatemala, El Salvador, Malawi, or the United States. Give a week, month, or year of your time to help give the poorest of the poor a fighting chance to survive. With your help we can break the bitter chains of poverty.
Join us in by becoming a volunteer with one or more of the dozens of The GOD’S CHILD Project-sponsored health, education, orphan-care, human rights, and community development, health programs.
Explore How You Can Help Children in Need
See first-hand how La Asociacion Nuestros Ahijados and the other GOD’S CHILD Project-networked programs work hand-in-hand to alleviate the suffering of thousands of our poorest brothers and sisters. At the same time, you will learn about and live among the region’s unique culture. A volunteer experience provides you the opportunity to change lives by taking part in meaningful volunteer-centered cultural immersion.
Want To Meet Others While You Volunteer?
Open enrollment is available for individuals who would like to join an existing group on a ServiceTeam volunteer experience.
Individual Volunteer Opportunities:
- Disaster Relief
- Larger Construction Projects
- Medical and Dental Care
- Physical Therapy Occupational Therapy
- Alternative Health Care
- Social Work or Social Sciences
- 21 years of age or older
- 18-20 years of age (must be interviewed in person or via phone with the Minneapolis office)
- Motivated by a desire to serve others
- Self-sufficient, mature, flexible, possessing a good sense of humor and plenty of patience
- In good health
- Having the ability to speak Spanish is useful for some of the roles volunteers perform and is necessary for others. Volunteers with advanced Spanish skills usually spend time working directly with the families and children.